Sunday, June 8, 2014

It was like magic

It was like magic when I got her out the car and she was out like a light and stayed that way for the first few takes. Enough time for me to enjoy the peacefulness and the beauty of her.

I've been dreaming of this spot for quite some time. On Facebook, there is always an add with a little girl on a ladder in a field of blue bonnets. Photographer friends and I always make jokes about how Ohio has nothing compared to that sea of blue bonnets. Well, I found just that. I knew Ohio had some things to offer other than corn fields, barns and farms. I can see beauty when I drive but then I put on my photographer hat. And that's when I see a phone poll or something that would be god awful in a photo in that beautiful spot. This place was magical. Its my spot and I have a strong connection to it. I'm pretty darn sure I'm the only one that's laid foot here and now Charley has too. 

This session was too good to be true. I left the house with 3 kids going wild at home and it was Kelly's last night before leaving for a week. I spent a few hours that day up-cycling this outfit from an old sweater I got at the Goodwill a while back and I used my Nana's sewing tools . I have my own, but now I use hers so I can smell her sweet smell when I sew. She taught me how to pin, thread, cut and all the ins and outs of sewing. Charley was an angel and I love every single shot. This took about 10 minutes and I probably looked like a crazy lady with my slippers on and half in my jammies but I knew I had to leave in order to get the right shot. 

Here's my precious. My little piece of heaven.

















No comments:

Post a Comment